Welcome to the NEW Haylofter Happenings newsletter! We are developing a facelift to this important method of communication, not only in graphical formatting, but we are making plans to increase the use of this newsletter to keep you abreast of ‘happenings’ around the Malthouse Theater! We hope you enjoy!!
We are always happy to receive your comments and input! Keep watching your email for updates!
Our January Board meeting welcomed a new board of directors that were elected by the membership. Please congratulate:
Matt Bieneman -President
Randy Tritz—Vice President
Mikey Wheaton– Lighting
Sue Deans– Publicity
We are happy to announce the addition of a dynamic new committee! The Artistic Outreach Committee, is comprised of an energetic group of people that have been expanding our reach to the community. You may recognize some of the committee’s work that includes: 12 Days of Christmas Burlington Style; Twas the Night before Christmas; & Burlington’s got Talent.
This committee is always looking for people with fresh new ideas who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and showing how the Haylofters can enhance the community of entertainment! Feel free to reach out to Tech@thehaylofters.com if you are interested in getting involved!!
An example of productions and events currently being planed for 2021 include:
- Burlington’s Got Talent-Expanded to accept ASCAP and BMI content for submissions. Applications for 2021 will be open March 27 with applications due May 1. More details will be on our web site and social media soon!
- Readers Theater, This is a style of theater where participants present a dramatic reading of play scripts without costumes, props, scenery or special lighting. New scripts are provided at each meeting. We are planning sessions at the Burlington Library and parks in Burlington, at 1PM the first Friday of each month, from April through August! Come join us! More coming on our social media!
- National Anthem Video Montage. Production is underway for a video musical montage for the 4th of July! Intended to celebrate Independence Day! Watch our social media for what promises to be a wonderful video!
- Performers Panel Discussion. Watch our social Media for these open discussions and meet our directors! Focused on auditions for our upcoming plays. These discussions will be scheduled 2 weeks prior to auditions for this years plays. Sessions will include Q&A segments. Plan to participate!
- Professional Musical Performances. Engaging professional musical themed performances showcasing local talent. These are being planned at various locations around the area and promise to be very entertaining! Dates being planned include 6/13 @2:00 and will include classic rock and a Queen medley, in preparation for our first planned play of “We Will Rock You”. Additional dates are planned for September 12 and November 7. Social media will have more details soon!
We are ALWAYS looking for people with ideas and passion! Opportunities exist for adults and students to participate in a vibrant theatrical arts organization! NO experience required! Not an actor? That’s okay! We welcome talents off stage as well as on! We would LOVE to have you aboard. Email or call any time!