UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS:
We have been hard at work since last month! This issue provides updates to events and performances! Take a look.
- Burlington’s Got Talent Applications for 2021 are open! Applications are due May 1st. More details and applications are on our web site at: www.thehaylofters.com. We are excited by the possibilities and encourage everyone to consider entering! Lets see who has talent!
- Readers Theater, This is a style of theater where participants present a dramatic reading of play scripts without costumes, props, scenery or special lighting. New scripts are provided at each meeting. A free public activity sponsored by Haylofters and the Burlington Public library will begin in May. All are welcome to participate or watch. To allow for social distance and personal safety, the events will be held at 1:00 p.m. in the shelter at Wehmhoff Jucker Park. 416 East Washington Street, Burlington until the library is able to host activities within the building. Dates scheduled are May 11, June.8, July13, August 10, and September 14. Reading would take place in chairs placed in an area facing other attendees socially distanced. Although readers can experiment with different vocal accents, inflections no particular acting ability is necessary to be a reader. This is a FREE event!
- National Anthem Video Montage. Production is underway for a video musical montage for the 4th of July! Intended to celebrate Independence Day! We intend to have this video on line July 1 in advance of the holiday! Watch our social media for links to what promises to be a wonderful video! This is a FREE event!
- Performers Panel Discussion. Watch our social Media for these open discussions and meet our directors and gain insights to each show being planned for the 2021 season! Discussions will focus on auditions for our upcoming plays and will offer the opportunity for questions and answer dialogue with audience participants via streaming media. These discussions will be scheduled 2 weeks prior to auditions for this years plays. Sessions will include Q&A segments. Plan to participate! This is a FREE event!
- Malthouse Theater Sip and Sit Concert Series Engaging professional musical themed performances showcasing local talent. Dates have been set for these entertaining performances.
¨ June 13th 2:00 – “I Love Rock N Roll”
¨ September 12th 2:00 -”Ticket To Ride”
¨ November 7th 2:00—” You’ve Got a Friend”
Each performance is themed and promises to be engaging and a lot of fun!
We are also promising an extra announcement related to these events that is sure to spur your interest! Watch our Social Media for ticket purchases. Additional details and ticket purchases coming very soon!
We are ALWAYS looking for people with ideas and passion! Opportunities exist for adults and students to participate in a vibrant theatrical arts organization! NO experience required! Not an actor? That’s okay! We welcome talents off stage as well as on! We would LOVE to have you aboard. Email or call any time!
On Line Ticketing
We have been exploring avenues to create a better on line experience when purchasing tickets for shows and events. We have found a service that will make your on line ticket and show experience better! As we open ticket purchases for our events in the coming weeks, we will be updating our web site and our social media sites with this new service. It will be a much easier opportunity to purchase and use tickets. We promise!!
2021 Show Schedule & Auditions
We Will Rock You
May 23 & 24.
July 29, 30, 31 &
August 1,5,6,7 & 8.
Madagascar Jr.—Children’s Show
May 15, & 16
August 19, 20, 21, 22 &
August 26, 27, 28, 29
Death by Chocolate
September 12 & 13
October 21, 22, 23,24 &
October 28, 29, 30, 31
October 24 & 25
December 3, 4, 5 &
December 10, 11, 12
Watch social media and our web site for further details on Auditions & Tickets!
Plan your Calendars now, we are looking forward to seeing you again!